Tuesday, October 7, 2014

Christmas Cards....the die-cutting way

Hi, for todays post, 
I am a guest over on my friend Jess's blog here
She is a wonderful card maker and 
I have learned so much from her U Stream Classes. 
Today's focus is on using digital die cutters for Christmas cards.
 I have used my Silhouette Portrait for this card.
 Thanks so much for stopping by.  
Today’s focus is on using digital die cutters for Christmas cards. 
I have used my Silhouette Portrait for this card.
For the base of my card I used Recollections #110lb Cardstock. 
The black and red layers are cardstock from Stamp'in Up. 
I selected a file from, Doodle Pantry, called card cut 6, which is the white and green mats, which is a polka dot paper from a Paper pad, not sure brand name.  The ornate layer is a Silhouette file called merry christmas split damask (Design #67004) and resized it for the front of an A2 card. 
I then used some organdy ribbon form my stash, (lol we all have one)
And a half pearls in each corner.
And popped this whole panel up on pop dots for some extra dimension.
These would be perfect Christmas cards for for mailing, without the bow.  Not much bulk and weight, so that means no added postage. And with all those Christmas cards, it really adds up.
Thank You Jess
I hope you enjoy the rest of the month's cards, I am sure Jess and friends will bring lots of beautiful creations!!



Crafty Hazelnut's Patterned Paper - patterned paper
Crafting From the Heart - anything goes
Crafting By Design - anything goes
DL ARt - anything goes
QKR - anything goes
Paper Makeup Stamps - anything goes
Sassy Studio - anything goes
Sister Act - anything goes
Sisters of Craft - anything goes
Wordart Wednesday - anything goes positive
4 Crafty Girls - anything goes

7 comments:

  1. Very pretty Christmas card. Thank you for joining us at Sassy Studio Designs and the DTBST challenge this week! HUGS

    Kim
    SSD DT

    ReplyDelete
  2. Don't you just love the ease of die's? They really do make your card stand out! And they're so easy to use which means you can make a quick card if you don't have much time but STILL get the satisfaction of creating. Jacqui DT Sister Act

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful Christmas card. Elegant and fun. Thanks for joining us at Paper Makeup Stamps.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fabulous! I must try this! Thanks for sharing in our Anything Goes challenge for October at Crafting By Designs. Mo xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. beautiful. thankyou for entering the sisters of craft challenge. michelle dt x

    ReplyDelete